This section provides the guideline for all ASEAN member states to select companies and their products as entry nominations to AICTA competition.
A. Company Eligibility
The company eligibility guideline describes the criteria and attributes for company eligibility to submit their entry nomination for the AICTA competition.
Companies which are eligible to nominate their information and communication technology (ICT) innovation must meet the following criteria:
- The company must be locally registered in the respective AMS.
- The company can be 100% locally owned.
- For joint ventures between a local company and a foreign company, the foreign company in the joint venture can be either a company registered in another AMS or a company registered outside ASEAN whereby the shareholder/s within AMS must hold at least 51% of the total shares.
The product eligibility guideline describes the criteria and attributes necessary for a product to be eligible for nomination to the AICTA competition.
The eligible product for AICTA entry nomination must meet the following criteria:
- The intellectual property (IP) rights for the product must be owned by accompany which is eligible to nominate according the company eligibility guideline in Section 2, part A, or its IP rights are owned by an offshore parent of the local company where the majority of the shares are in the local company.
- At least 51% of product development efforts (including research and development (R&D), and design) must be undertaken in done within the AMS submitting the application.
The following are non-eligible innovations for entry nomination:
- A product of which the main R&D and design efforts are executed in a non-ASEAN Member State, or of which the AMS State is merely providing code-cutting services.
- An innovation or product with or without enhancement, which has won an AICTA in the one (1) year period before the current competition.
Each AMS can only nominate a maximum of three (3) products per entry category. Each product is only eligible to participate in one category. However, if a nominee has two different products, that nominee can either choose to participate the two different products in the same category, or in two different categories.
Each AMS must ensure that the above criteria have been met during the domestic selection when submitting their product entry nomination to AICTA competition.
Violation of the above-mentioned criteria will result in product entry disqualification. The disqualification process is described in Section 15.