- Any application software, hardware or its combination that enables more efficient, effective, transparent and low cost Government operations; or
Any application software, hardware or its combination that has been implemented by the Government institution and public service to provide the best and valuable services to the public; or
Any application software that has been developed to meet specific Government requirements for Public Service use and its services is managed by Government Institutions.
- The application can be developed by a private institution, Government institution or Government owned companies funded by the Government or Foreign donors, and can still be in the pilot implementation stage. The application may not necessary be in full-scale implementation but the Government Institution or Public Services Institution should already be using it.
- Applications that have been developed to be used by State Owned Company or Government Owned Company for commercial purposes are not included under this category.
- Proof of users’ acceptance or recognition of application implementation by the respective Government must be presented during the entry nomination.
- Any application software, hardware or its combination that serves the needs of the private sectors such as Industrial Application, e-Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Finance Industry Application, Communication, e-Health, and Tourism.
||Corporate Social Responsibility
- Any application software, hardware or its combination to support the community in the ASEAN Member States’ society with the aim to promote the rights and needs of particular groups; or to improve the wellbeing, quality of life and standard of living of the community with the ultimate intent to bridge the digital divide. The product shall be initiated, developed and owned by a Non-Government organization, however the funding to the initiative and the development can be provided by the Government or Private Institution or both.
- Any application software, hardware or its combination that relates to the process of combining text, sound, pictures, and videos, to create a diversion that holds the attention (entertainment), in the form of Multimedia, Infotainment, Immersion and Interaction e.g. the technology innovation to develop advance human characterization in the animation film. Including in this category is the application aforementioned through internet medium and mobile devices delivery.
- Any application software, hardware or its combination that provides management and technical support to the news and entertainment industry such as Television Broadcasting, Radio Broadcasting, Cinema, Live Entertainment, Publishing, Newspaper, and Internet News.
- Any company at the early stage of inception who develops an innovative ICT product.
- The startup company must also meet the criteria below:
- Fulfill the company eligibility for this competition;
- Registered not more than three (3) years from the date of entry submission;
- Not a subsidiary of a well-established company; and
- The founder of the company and/or the product developers must be the major shareholder/s of the company.
||Research and Development
- Any ICT research and creation that discover or invent new knowledge, processes, product and services that meets the demands of the market.
- Provided the product or creation meets the following:
- It is fully completed but not yet marketed;
- If it has been marketed, it does not have any customers and is not available on customer sites;
- The product is still less than a year after its completion;
- It can demonstrates its features and functionality (even if not fully completed); and
- Is self-funded (internal funding) or funded by customer/user and is not funded by any established MNCs; and
- The Intellectual Property Rights belong to the owner/creator (either self or company).